May is Morel Month

Someone told me once that May was morel month.  In Ohio, it seems to be the case.  We had been looking for a few weeks, and thought that we missed it, because of the strange warm weather this year.  Still, we hadn't quite given up.  So we went out again today after a rain.....and I stumbled upon one in a secret patch.  And then a few more.  We mostly found black morels.  I guess they come up first for a few weeks, followed by the yellows.  I hope this is true, as I'll be around for the next three weeks hunting...... bowl by Michael Simon.

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow! How yummy. What a wonderful treasure to find. What do you like to make with them?
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
SHARE?

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Mann