Urn

Last summer someone requested that I make an urn for her husband's ashes.  I am terrible at assignments, which is why I generally won't take one.  I brood,  resist and delay.  There were specific things she wanted to include : shape, certain content content, an apple.  I felt the weight of wanting to do it right.  In the end though, both she and I were really happy with the result.  How much ash is a human body reduced to?  Somehow, luck and a bit of reasoning was with me, and he fit perfectly.

Comments

Its so beautiful and has a sombre look but also a bit of light heartedness too. A true work of art.
Unknown said…
Wow. It's absolutely beautiful. Yes, be proud!
Vickie Hallmark said…
Totally stunning! Why resist when the outcome is this amazing?

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Mann