Harold & Sharkey

I'm not sure if this will work, but it is an accidental movie of my dad with a shark he just caught that Mark took.  It was supposed to be a photo, a souvenir of the moment.  But instead it became lots of little pictures, and something more.   You know, operator error.  But also a gift.  I wanted to put it here so I don't lose it.  It feels like something I know I'll want to find later, like an old photo you find at the bottom of a drawer, faded, a little torn and bent, that takes you right back to the moment.  I've always like saving bits of paper that could trigger a memory, thought, idea, etc.  I have piles of that stuff filling up my life.  It's impossible to remember it all, without a little hint.... and especially in this case if you were never even there.  But now, I will forever feel as though it was me taking that picture, full of that special time.  If the video clip doesn't play, try to imagine it :)  it's only a few seconds long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Mann