meant to be

A week ago I was working and had a really good day as if I was channeling some kind of energy I couldn't control, but that flowed out of me.  Maybe that sounds a little out there, but it's the way my day went.    I was feeling a deep melancholy...which brought out a sensitvity to the universe that I was able to discover and paint.  This image in particular I felt a close personal connection towards.... but it was also bigger than me.   I took it with me last weekend to North Carolina, because I loved it...  It is an image of love, but more than that, of gently letting something rest upon oneself and holding it, but with openness.  A friend came by and wanted to get a gift for her friend whose son had just died, unexpectedly, and tragically, a new husband, and father.  It was beyond sad.  She found this to give to him.  Sometimes my work ends up where it needs to be, as if the piece has a need as great as the need of the one who is giving it.

Comments

Linda Starr said…
sad but beautiful, thanks for sharing meant to be

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Mann