Soon Come

My friend shared this poem with me yesterday.... she said it carried her for the whole day!  May it carry you as well.

Tamanrasset
by Rosalind Brackenbury

On account of my knees
I thought a camel would be appropriate:
I could be helped on
and eventually off again.
Have you ever
got on a camel?
They go down for you
on their own padded knees
and close their eyes while they wait
for you to be set in place,
like priests waiting for all the communicants
to be done, in some high church.
Then they rise, tipping you,
heaving beneath you
but you don’t fall,
you are suddenly
feet up in the air,
carried forward on the long sway
of their stride.
They will carry you across deserts,
across days and datelines
until you arrive one far-off day
in the city of Tamanrasset
where you have been waiting all your life
to go.

https://www.crowdrise.com/nepalearthquakereliefforvillageoflaitpur

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Mann