New Orleans Jazz Fest Day 2


I started this little head before I went to France thinking it would become part of  a larger sculpture.  That never happened even though I kept it wrapped up for three months.  Last week I looked at it again, and it was too dry to continue with it, but  I loved the face so much, it seemed like it was enough just to be itself and that alone.  I  was very happy with the way it turned out,  and it was one of the first things I sold yesterday.... makes me think sometimes I make things into more than they need to be, and that sometimes, a head with a strong spirit is enough on its own.  I need to remember that.....

Comments

klineola said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
klineola said…
Good point. Sometimes I wonder if I overburden my work with my intentions. I'll remember this post. Hell, I'll make a poster of it and put it in my studio wall!

Thanks for the advice ;)
Jenny Mendes said…
I need to remember this too!!
Unknown said…
...good lesson to remember, Jenny. I enjoyed meeting you last day of JF yesterday -- my beautiful bird has already cozily perched itself for all to enjoy, namely moi.

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Mann