August Reading

I've listened to a few books so far this August.....
Just finished Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
Gruesome and fascinating!!

Before that, two others, one that had been on my shelf lent by a friend for a year....

The Moon and Sixpence by W. Somerset Maugham
Quite a story!!  I don't think I had ever read anything by him before.

And lastly, State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
It was a good listen.... lots of work to do in the next two weeks, so I imagine, I'll go through a few more books shortly!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello Jenny,
Thanks for the suggestions, I managed to get the Erik Larson but couldn't find the others.
I recently finished two that I would recommend giving a try-
Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake Stephen King's 11/22/63
Cheers
Kevin
Jenny Mendes said…
Hi Kevin,
I will look into those.....Reading The Razor's Edge right now! A classic! Erik Larson was great. Which one did you get?
Anonymous said…
I got three title's from Larson, Devil in the White City, Isaac's Storm and Thunderstuck. Unfortunately Isaac's Storm is abridged which I find sometimes ruins the story. Have great long weekend.
Kevin

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Mann