A meditation on Pablo Neruda's love poems

Only do not forget, if I wake up crying
it's only because in my dream I'm a lost child

hunting through the leaves of the night for your hands....” 

“I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” 
― Pablo Neruda100 Love Sonnets
“As if you were on fire from within.
The moon lives in the lining of your skin.” 
― Pablo Neruda
“I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, 
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” 
― Pablo Neruda100 Love Sonnets

“But I love your feet 
only because they walked 
upon the earth and upon 
the wind and upon the waters, 
until they found me.” 
― Pablo Neruda
“I want
To do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.” 
― Pablo NerudaTwenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Mann